To Our Valued Patients,
At Denver Fertility Albrecht Women’s Care your health and safety has always been our #1 priority.
The COVID-19 virus is having a significant impact on Denver and all communities around the country and the world. We have been closely monitoring the situation including the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) as well as the directives from the Colorado Governor’s office.
We remain open to serve you. We will plan to remain open during our normal hours of operation unless or until changes need to be made based upon health authority recommendations. Our standard cleaning procedures have always used EPA-certified cleansers and disinfectants to maintain the cleanliness of our office and equipment; however, in this new situation, we have implemented incremental cleaning protocols to increase the frequency of cleaning. Consultation offices and treatment rooms are sanitized between every patient and common areas are sanitized multiple times a day. The Denver Fertility staff is also required to wear face masks PPE and social distancing measures have been implemented within our clinic. Although hands sanitizer is readily available in the office, studies showed that copious hand washing with soap and water is more effective.
We ask that you to please assist us in caring for you by complying with the following:
- We ask that you not bring nonessential persons with you to the office visit. Husbands are welcome; other family members are not. If you have children, please make other arrangements for them rather than bringing them to the office.
- If you are feeling ill and have a cough, fever, difficulty breathing, sore throat or rash, please reschedule your appointment for another time. If your situation is an emergent problem, we will make accommodations for you.
- If you have been in immediate contact in the last month with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus or have traveled from an area that has had multiple coronavirus cases, please inform us so that we can determine how best to care for you.
- For new patient and regroup consultations, we are going to begin utilizing telemedicine. We expect that if your insurance would normally pay for an office consultation, they will pay for a telemedicine consultation. If you are a self-pay patient, please ask the front desk for costs.
- Per update on 4/3/2020 wear a face mask at our office. We are asking all patients to wear some type of protection over their nose and mouth while in our office. Please feel free to wear your own mask from home, a home-made mask, scarf, or balaclava. Be creative! If you want to make your own mask, here is a link to a YouTube video to make an easy mask, and provides a pocket if you want to insert a moisture barrier:
Thank you for your trust in us during these challenging times. We are finding that the recommendations are changing daily if not more often. We will send updates as the situation evolves.
Thank you and please stay safe.
Bruce H. Albrecht, M.D. Dana R. Ambler, D.O.